India is one of the most cultured and diversified countries. Most of the time, it is also called “Incredible India” because of its mesmerizing monuments and scenery. Hill stations to the mesmerizing beaches. For the tourist luring places, India has been always popular.
Many tourists from other countries come to visit India and take an exploration through its culture, diversity and history. Numerous scholars come here for research purposes. The great Mughal kings and the Rajputana kings have had built beautiful monuments in their time that the monuments still standing till date, giving a recollection to the people, of the creativity and culture of the past.
One cannot just classify the places of India; one can simply make a list of what type of places they want to visit in India. Either historical places or the religious ones, there exists countless of them;
- Historical places of India
- Religious places of India
- Sanctuaries and National Parks
- Hill stations in India
Classifying the type of places makes it easier to decide which type of tour one would like to have.
Historical places of India
India is most known for its culture and history. First of all, one must always not miss out these places;
- Agra, which is situated near Delhi, which is the capital of India. In Arga, stands one of the world’s 7 wonders, which is “The Taj Mahal”. One can’t just miss out the beautiful symbol of love. Lotus temple is one more must see monument in New Delhi.
- Hawa Mahal; located in Jaipur , in the state Rajasthan the pink city of India is also a not to miss tourist spot.
- Victoria memorial; stands in Kolkata, declared by the UNESCO, as one of the world’s heritage sites. One must also take a taste of the congested local trains and Kolkata’s sweets, roshugolla.
- Fatehpur Sikri; a city where some very historic monuments like the Buland Darwaja and Panch Mahal stands, was founded by the invincible Mughal emperor, Akbar. This place will make you experience the Mughal era, with its beautiful and historic monuments.
- Kanya Kumari, located in Tamil Nadu, a popular must visit tourist spot in India. The best to be viewed in Kanya Kumari is the Sunrise and the Sunset.
Religious places of India
Along with the historical experience, one would not want to miss the most religious places of India. These places will give you a unique experience that no other countries have. The hypnotizing smell of the incenses, the colorful petals of the flowers offered to the deities will give one a divine and holy feeling.
- Varanasi Ghats; in the holy city Benares, a city in Uttar Pradesh, lies in the arms of the Ganga. It is India’s oldest inhabited city.
- Jagannath temple; of Puri, Odhisa. the sacred shrine of the temple is considered to reflect the culture of India.
- The golden temple; of Punjab is a really unique masterpiece in India. The whole temple is golden and is located in the middle of a lake.
- Jama Masjid; situated in Delhi, the largest mosque in India. It was built by the great Emperor Shah Jahan. At least 25,000 people can pray together in its courtyard at one time.
- Ajmer Sharif; situated in Ajmer, Rajasthan. once entered the gate, it gives a feel of inner peace draining out all the stress and aggression, one gets drowned in the scent of the incense and the red petal of the roses offered to the cemetery of Khwaja Moinuddin chisti, where people pray and their wishes are heard.
Sanctuaries and National Parks
India is a green country, animals and birds habitat as well as migrates to India. It has its unique species that are preserved in national parks. Poaching is restricted strictly, but a safari tour to take a close view of the unique and vulnerable species, is fun. The must not miss national parks are,
- Kaziranga National park; that is in Assam. One can’t afford to miss out the beautiful one horn rhinos that are nearly extinct.
- Corbett National park; in Uttaranchal is the oldest national park of Asia. One would always want to visit a mark of history.
- Bharatpur bird sanctuary; popularly known as the Keoladeo Ghana National Park, in Rajasthan, must not be missed out. It is one of the world’s best and finest bird sanctuaries. It is famous for the migratory birds.
Hill stations in India
Hill stations are the best part of India. One must visit at least one or two hill station while taking a tour to India. The best about hill stations are boating, echo points, lovers’ points, cold soothing breeze and long walks. The must visit hill stations in India are Manali, Nainital, Srinagar, Ooty, Mussoorie and Darjeeling
India is simply incredible. Its greenery and simple citizens with a diversity of languages itself is a mesmerizing fact in India. Explore it and fall in love with India